Background

Friday, October 26, 2012

Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole - Slow Cooker






Funny.... I use my slow cooker more in the colder months than in the summer.
I suppose it's because in the summer months we eat meals that aren't so heavy...or hot.
And we grill out a lot too.

But, as soon as the cooler weather hits,
my slow cooker becomes the centerpiece on my counter top!
I have a stack of recipes I plan on trying this Fall and Winter...
so stay tuned!

I borrowed this recipe from 

I did add a few extra ingredients though.
....just a few extra seasonings.


 CHEESY CHICKEN 
TATER TOT CASSEROLE

1 (32 oz.) bag frozen tater tots
1 (3 oz.)bag bacon pieces

(or 4 -5 pieces cooked bacon, chopped)
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
(do not pre-cook chicken)

1 1/2 tsp Montreal Chicken seasoning
1/2 tsp onion powder
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

3/4 cup milk

salt & pepper, to taste

Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray.
Spread half the tator tots on the bottom of slow cooker.
Sprinkle 1/3 bacon pieces.
Top with 1/3 cheese.
Add chicken on top of cheese, 
Sprinkle seasonings on top of chicken.

Add 1/3 bacon pieces and 1/3 of cheese.
Place the rest of the tator tots on top of cheese. 
Add remaining bacon pieces and cheese.
Pour milk over top.

Cover and cook on low for 4 - 6 hours.


YUM!


2 comments:

  1. Yum! That sounds like just my kind of recipe! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure I don't cook chicken first? I don't want to make my family sick. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Come back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...